I purchased a 750B crawler with a bad engine and I am just getting started trying to find an engine for it. The engine has a rod through the side of the block so I am guessing the lower end is trashed. It has a 414 CID 6068T engine and I would like to find a reman to replace it. Does anyone know of a good site to find deere engines.
machinerytrader.com would be a good place to start. Let's see, you're in Illinois I think, and there is a zillion tons of Deere equipment running around that area, so there ought to be something available to you close by. Check with the local Deere shop, if they don't have something in your price range, perhaps they can suggest another provider. I'm not real up on Deere yellow stuff, but you might try Diesel Engine Trader.com, or just Google "used John Deere engines." Good luck!
Tried the dealer he wanted $8000 That's more than I paid for it. Thanks for the suggestions
If it comes with a warrenty thats not a bad price.
Just remember you get what you pay for. If you intend to make money with the tractor, $8,000 is a small price, but if it is a hobby and reliability is not important, then you may find a cheap used engine somewhere for less.
call RDO equipment in sioux falls, sd. they sell for a remanufacturer in illinois that sells rebuilds, they're sweet, great warranty......the drop ins come w/new pump, injectors, turbo, etc etc etc....only thing you have to switch over is the flywheel, clutch, starter, alternator. all back to factory new specs. no turned cranks, etc.