Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for some advice on a transmission

steve2147 ยท 2011-04-21 01:00

hey guys I am having a transmission problem with a '89 730a. The problem is that when you pit it in forward it feels like you are driving with the brakes on. I know it is in the trans because we just had it out to re-build the reverse clutches and we didnt have this problem previous to that. So I am wondering if there is a mix up on the wiring harness to the solenoids and maybe we have them hooked up wrong and the wrong clutches are locking up, or maybe it could be something else. Like I said we had no problems witht the forward gears prior to rebuilding the reverse clutches and the forward gears worked great. Any help would be great. I think I am going to pull the harness off of the solenoids and with some help from the service manual I am going to try to double check which one is which and hope that it is a simple mix up like that and hope that I don't have to drop the trans again. LOL Reply Reply With Quote .

Replies0

No replies yet.