Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for some advive/help 125c International loader

farmall23 ยท 2014-10-21 13:59

hey guys, im new to this group and new to the world of working with crawlers. I have a international 125c track loader and its having some issues. bought it last summer and it done great. Last time I used being around march until yesterday I had no issues. Get on it yesterday and im having some pulling issues. would not move at all at first so I let it warm up for around 30 mins after that it would take off and pull fine. I moved some rock around for around a hour and started noticing it was slowing down and taking time to kick into gear. so I figured I should make the way to the shop. heading that way in 2nd gear it slowed down to almost nothing and 1st was even slower. put it in rewind and it moved fine 1st 2nd and 3rd. shut it off for a few mins started back up and forward gears worked great for around 50ft then back to almost not moving at all. And I also noticed while goin forward if i would stop and put it in neutral then back into forward it would help for few minutes. The pressure gauge moves from about halfway to nothing when engaged into gear, the converter temp wasn't showing it being hot, it was in the normal range. fluid level in the reservoir on the left of the seat is well above the sight glass and the dipstick under the seat was showing just a small amount under the full mark not close to the add mark. I haven't changed any filters, is the canister filter in the battery box the one I should go to first? any help or input would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Replies4
  1. #1farmall232014-11-03 15:27

    ok I changed the canister filter in the battery box and it seemed to help some but...still isn't right. is there another filter? or do I have a major problem?

  2. #2boone2014-11-03 20:41

    Hi farmall. Welcome to hef. I've never been in the transmission of my 175, much less the 125, but there are some common areas to check... Check for collapsed return lines. Stopped up trans oil cooler (should be in the front of radiator) Probably not the fluid, but I'd be fighting hard not to change it out. That way you know what's in it and what's not. I'd also be checking pressure at your test ports and make sure they're within spec. Could be a failing pump. If you don't have a manual you should be able to order them from binderbooks or jensales. Lastly, here's a link at redpower with similar symptoms you describe. Might give you a few more ideas. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72735&hl=stops%20moving

  3. #3farmall232014-11-03 22:04

    I really appreciate the advice. I will be checking those out. I will Let you know what I find out! Thanks again

  4. #4chain gang2018-03-26 12:11

    Did you find the problem ?