Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for some JCB tech info

Vetech63 · 2020-12-22 10:39

I have this articulated truck....... ..and I have this freshly rebuilt ZF transmission (certified ZF rebuilder) This is one of those projects that several people have worked on and haven't been able to get it right...and now it's my project The customer pulled and installed the transmission. The transmission was built by Centranz and the TCU was reflashed by ZF. The transmission is locked into limp mode with no codes. The normal process is to use the AEB switch and have the TCU calibrate the transmission. The problem is the TCU isn't recognizing the AEB switch plug by the display "PL" so I haven't been able to get the calibration started. Centranz is telling me they don't have access to the wire schematic for the calibration side of this system .....that it may be a JCB proprietary info (don't think so but whatever) and my JCB dealer here isn't worth a dam. I'm looking to troubleshoot the wiring and electrical signals for this system. Any help out there?

Replies11
  1. #1crane operator2020-12-22 19:43
  2. #2Vetech632020-12-22 19:51

    Lord don’t tempt me!

  3. #3Tyler d4c2020-12-22 20:11

    Job Junk Come from the British

  4. #4Bigbert2020-12-23 03:49

    Hi Vetech, JCB possibly started AEB with their cluster? I could get you some info about t/m wiring by email.

  5. #5Vetech632021-01-07 08:39

    Time for an update here. Because of the holidays getting any information from anyone was a cluster****. After trying the nearest JCB dealers to me and them basically saying "they know nothing about it" , I found a dealer that put forth the effort and contacted a JCB rep on my behalf (this was yesterday). I just got an email with the calibration procedure this morning from this dealer, which was stated above, its done through the monitor. I will be attempting this after the rain here moves through. I will update afterwards. Thanks for the ZF wiring schematic! (you know who you are!) and a HUGE thanks to the helpful dealer Hugg and Hall! Its nice to see a dealer go above and beyond for their customers.

  6. #6Bigbert2021-01-07 10:33

    Hi Vetech, that sounds promising. The clutch calibration requires a warm transmission. So heat it up thoroughly and try to keep it hot. Possibly cover the cooler somehow. JCB is (also) famous for big coolers. Bigbert

  7. #7crane operator2021-01-07 19:40

    Great, its finally cold enough for a nice fire, and you have to spring out with news like this.

  8. #8Vetech632021-01-08 09:03

    When I got to the job, the owner informed me he had the truck sold and didn't inform me. I didn't even get to try the calibration that took me over 3 weeks to get info on. The really funny thing is I told him BEFORE he had the transmission rebuilt that he just needed to run it across the auction block and cut his losses. Smart move to get rid of it now but $30K too late This is a customer that I am new to, and this was the first thing I got involved with. I started with high hopes of this customer replacing one of the 5 customers I had that retired this year with their business operations ceasing. Now I'm thinking I may just move along...............If he isn't going to listen to what I'm telling him, I can see troublesome issues in the future I don't need. Oh well, life goes on

  9. #9Calvin Kunneke2021-08-20 04:55

    Good morning, I seem to be sitting with the same problem here in South AFrica. I cant get any info on the box. Could you assist with the calibration procedure?

  10. #10Bigbert2021-08-20 14:51

    Hi Calvin, on the newer (from 2010?) JCB's the cluch calibration was done with display via CAN. At least all farmmasters and loaders. Which type and age of tractor are you talking about?

  11. #11IgorG2022-02-07 15:07

    Some JCB Operator's & Service Manuals PDF you can find this site: https://www.truck-manuals.net/