Looking for a source world wide for new or used side mirror brackets for my Hitachi LX-20 compact loader. This is likely a 1990's machine. Also, parts in general for this older size brand. The brackets should look like the ones in these images below. I may also fabricate my own. If anyone has something similar and knows how far the arm length is, and how much the 90 degree bend drops down, and typical mirror size, would be great too. Thanks.
I would think with some angle iron and/ or big washers, you could make some semi truck fender mount mirror brackets work. Any local big truck parts place should have them. https://www.grote.com/other/mirrors/conventional-fender-mount-mirrors/
Amazon. Fits 1/2" to 1-1/8" diameter stem. 9" x 16" Replacement Heavy Equipment Mirror for Loaders Excavators Dozers Fits CAT Fits John Deere Volvo JCB Fits Ford https://a.co/d/2IIkrFn And fab the arms yourself.
$107UsD for arm assembly from Deere.
Wow, where did you get the parts manual from? Thanks, I will look into those options. Anyone use a Company called Avspare tractor parts? If anyone has the service manual or parts manual for the Hitachi LX20-1 that would be awesome! Just had a Company called Washburn Hayspear in Lamar, Mo build me a skidsteer adapter plate for the machine. Now I can use pallet forks.
Avspare is where I sourced the LX20 image and list from.
Most of the mirrors I've seen on the major brands just attach to the round bar of the bracket with a half clamp. Take a look at a Cat/Deere/Hitachi excavator, I bet those would fit on your existing bracket with little to no modifications.
Anyone ever try ordering from Avspare?
Take a look at www.velvac.com/products/mirrors They supply a lot of manufacturers with OEM mirrors and may have something that would work.
Looking very similar to my Hitachi, is the Kubota RA300. Anyone know about this machine, and where to get parts for it? There is one for sale in Portland OR.
Ok, finished making the brackets and mounted the mirrors. FYI, I purchased on Amazon 2 qty Grote #12102 mirrors for $46.00, and 2 Qty 1/2" dia x 3' long steel rods from Home Depot for $18.00. I used a heavy duty bench vise and did a 90 degree cold bend and then cut each side to length. I used a Milwaukee 18v multi-tool to slice a flat section for flush mount on the mirror side and drilled a 1/4" hole. on the other side I do not have a big welder so I used a half inch die and cut threads. The machine already had two ears to mount the mirror to. The measurement between happened to be the exact same size as an old piece of two inch trailer hitch square tubing. I used a sawzall to cut my brackets and drilled half inch holes. I had some spray paint already and the nuts and bolts. As far as how they work it's not perfect. With the cab doors shut, I look through the front windshield. With the cab doors open, I might swing the mirror arms wide. As far as vibration, there is a bit, but I'm not on asphalt, and it's a tractor. Overall for price and having mirrors I rate the result as 4 stars.
They look as though they could have come with the machine! Good job!
Thanks Steve!