Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for weld on ears for a bucket to mount to QD excavator coupler

bigrich954rr · 2020-03-24 16:14

I have some kind of JRB quick coupler on the excavator. I am looking for some kind of weld on ears to convert a pin on bucket to that kind of quick change bucket. It’s a 2008 ec210 also looking for a good trenching bucket what size would you go with it ? who sells the ears ? I’m close to 97801

Replies9
  1. #1Tags2020-03-24 19:25

    Some pics will be needed to identify what coupler system you have, if it's not a pin grabber(buckets have normal ears with pins through them) I'd bet it's probably a wedge lock style coupler (buckets have ears that have cutouts that coupler sets into and a wedge comes in from the back to keep the bucket on)

  2. #2bigrich954rr2020-03-25 23:21

    This are some of the pics I’m pretty sure it’s a pin grabber. I measured the pin outside to outside I want to do outside to inside. Arg maybe next time I’m out there. Up loaded a different pic guess I’m looking for a bucket with 18 x 13 spacing right ?

  3. #3Tags2020-03-26 08:27

    Depending on which pin grab coupler you have, it may be specific to buckets made for your 210, but if it is a variable spacing pin grabber you may be able to use buckets from other machines with different pin spacing, the only thing that would need to be the same are the diameter of the pins I believe.

  4. #4bigrich954rr2020-03-26 09:24

    How do I figure it out what coupler I have there no tags or numbers on it. any leads on buckets about the size I need to I’ll buy a bucket if it doesn’t kill me on price

  5. #5Tones2020-03-26 16:40

    Find a bucket that fits the graber then measure 1; Pin diameter 2; Width between the ears 3; Pin centres. Buckets can be changed like the pin diameter(made smaller) or ear width(made narrower), anything else is going to cost relatively big bucks so buying another bucket that fits could be a better option IMHO.

  6. #6treemuncher2020-03-26 19:26

    I have a local machine shop that has purchased a water-jet cutter. When I need to swap over attachments to a different base plate, I can have them jet cut the parts and all I have to do is the rest of the welding and fab at my shop. Water-jet cut parts are usually within a few thousandths of dimensions even at a fast cut rate. Clean, near perfect and ready to assemble without any additional work. I just had them cut out about 5 sets of side ears for my new-to-me S60 standard coupler. It was under $600 plus cost of steel for 0.75" plate cutting of those pieces. I machine the pins and weld them up at my shop to each tool that I need, or shop for items with S60 coupler bases. The S60 is a Scandanavian/European standard that is not very common in the USA, yet.

  7. #7Snow Farmer2020-04-03 03:10

    I to am looking to build some 'ears' to make a coupler for a new mulcher we want to buy for the excavator. Have not been able to find any here in Canada so decided to make them. 3/4" mild steel plate, with bushings and pins out of some harder material if I can find it.

  8. #8John C.2020-04-03 11:22

    Most of the companies that make the couplers or buckets can build the lugging for your needs. The commons one on the left coast are PSM, HPF, CWS, Destec and Weldco Beales. There also used to be a company called BlueStar in this area building smaller stuff. I think all their information is on the web.

  9. #9Snow Farmer2020-04-04 00:52

    John C. Thank you