I'm looking for a decent excavator to use on the farm. It doesn't have to be newer or pretty, just dependable. I won't put many hours a year on it and I'm not going to try to make a living with it... just need one pretty quick for my own use. I'd like to find one close to Columbus Ohio or there abouts. Thanks.
A Deere 490-590 d or e are good excavators. Link Belt 2650/160 or 2800/210 are very good excavators. Deere/Link Belt are the best excavators
Thanks, now if I can just find one LOL !!!
You forgot to mention Kobelco sk160 and sk210 excavators. Call Southeastern Equipment in Dublin or Heath and see what they have. They can search all their dealers and see what they have available. I just moved a really nice Case CX210 out of Dublin to Monroe last week that was almost new. I wouldn't be afraid of a newer Case excavator either. They are the same as a Link Belt just a different color. They are very good machines. Personally if i was looking I would try to find a Kobelco. I have been around a lot of them and I have never seen one have any major issues.
Hey, thanks. I saw you live in Fairfield. I was born and raised in Hamilton... moved to Washington Court House in 1992.
Lot of corn fields up there. Well if you live in Court House I would maybe call the Monroe store. It's about the time of the year for for some municipalities to be trading machines so they may know of something coming in soon. The salesman in Monroe are really good guys.
Get one with a thumb! I couldn't live without one.
How much are you looking to spend?
Amen. I wouldn't want an excavator for my need without a hydraulic thumb
Heres an older Link Belt 2800. Get a fixed or hyd thumb and you are good. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9857929
I'm not wanting to travel too far. I'm in Ohio. Thanks though.