I've been wanting a mini excavator to use around my property for drainage, cleaning ditches, digging stumps and such and would like to stay with something around the size of the KX121-3 so I can move it with my truck and trailer. I see one locally for sell that claims to have 1338 hours on it, a 2005 and asking $26,800. It's not a full cab model but does have a hydraulic thumb. I haven't physically looked at it yet but can tell the bottom and undercarriage assemble has been repainted along with bucket and it has new tracks that were said to be installed at 1200hrs. I am assuming someone is just trying to flip this machine and make some money off of it so kind of concerned if the hours are accurate as I was thinking most machines could get 2000hrs before needing tracks. I'm not familiar with excavators, been studying on them but would like advice on what problems and signs to look for when buying a used one. Also your opinion of a fair price for a 2005 KX121-3 with 1338 hours assuming it checks out to be in good condition with no major issues. How easy or what's the likelyhood of someone having disconnected or replaced the hour meter and what signs should I look for to indicate whether or not the shown hours are the actual hours or not. Lot's of questions here from a newbie but I'd certainly appreciate any experienced feed back. Thanks
No replies yet.