Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking to buy a robotic total station for layout work?

Mattcon ยท 2015-09-04 17:01

Im looking into buying a robotic total station for layout work. I've never used one before and don't know which to buy and get trained on? Thoughts?

Replies5
  1. #1norite2015-09-04 17:45

    Hope you have plenty of cash, they are not cheap. You should state what you intend to do with it, what level of accuracy you need etc.

  2. #2Mattcon2015-09-04 20:09

    Civil concrete,anchor bolts, pipe main line, catch basins,

  3. #3buckfever2015-09-04 20:27

    I see your from the same area. Have you tried Sitetech. Helped use out with a couple of our lasers.

  4. #4norite2015-09-05 02:23

    I get by with a rotating laser, an optical level and a digital theodolite. Don't have a total station yet but I am looking for a deal on a used one. I've read some about the robotic total stations and they would be great but are too much money for me to buy one.

  5. #5Mattcon2015-09-05 13:54

    No I haven't, thanks I will