Hi, It's finally time to retire my 1984 Kubota. So I'm in the market for a 14-16k lb machine. I have up to $40k to spend and these are features I'm looking for: Full cab Swing boom Blade Thumb (optional since it's not too difficult to add one later) Any suggestions? Here's what I've found so far so any input on these specific models would be great! Bobcat E60 Deere 60G IHI 65NX IHI 70Z JCB 803 Komatsu PC75R-2 Volvo EC70 I'm sure there are many others that fit these specs that I haven't found yet. Any and all input is appreciated ☺
Pick the one with the best support locally, best price is sure nice too. As far as new machines now days, they are all good. Run 'em a little and see what you think fits you the best. A GOOD dealer is worth its weight in gold if they are fairly close. They might bring a machine out for you to test also. No one machine is ever perfect, nor are they bad. All in your own preferences I would think. I sure would shop a bit. Sometimes you can get a very nice deal.
Thanks, for the input. The closest dealer is a Nortrax, with Deere and Hitachi equipment. Any thoughts on swing boom style? Traditional backhoe style or offset? I've never used an offset style but they seem to be more common on the larger minis. Do they tend to get loose quicker than the backhoe style or are there any other drawbacks?
I would definitely get a offset swing boom on that size machine, handy as a shirt pocket and if its greased regularly you shouldn't too many drastic wear issues. Take a look at the Yanmar vio75 machines, they are built very well and have a quick hydraulic system.
I may be using the wrong term... I think knuckle boom may be the proper term for the type with the joint up on the boom. The other style has the pivot down at the base of the boom. I'm curious if anyone has used both and has a preference between the two styles. Thanks
I really liked the kubota U55. Little smaller than what you are looking for but impressed by it non the less. I just ordered one for my business
Takeuchi TB260 Wacker Neuson 6003 Hitachi ZX70 Kobelco SK70 Bobcat E63 Think that's about it for options......
Case CX80 or its Link Belt twin?
I found a 2011 bobcat e60 nearby that I'm planning to look at. Has 2750 hrs. Does anyone know bobcats well that could recommend specific areas to look closely at when I go see it? Ballpark price range? Has steel tracks, no thumb. Thanks for all the input so far