Like the title says, I’m in the market for a dozer. Looking to do farm land clearing and jobs of that nature. Is a 6 way blade absolutely not recommended for brushing? I’d likely be looking at the D6R era of machine. How many hours is too many hours on these engines and trans before you’d like to see work done to them, same goes for under carriage? Also curious about a 6N, I see they all have a 6 way blade and winches basically, maybe not the best choice. Any tips and advice would be helpful. Thanks
The 6N has a 6 way blade. The 6R came w many blade options, straight, semi-u, angle and 6 way. As far as the rear attachment goes they also came w a winch, scarifier, counter weight and drawbar. Not to mention the many types of track configurations. As long as you’re not prying on the stumps, pushing big trees, and you use your head, I think a 6 way would be ok.