Hey paver experts looking to buy paver i have good experience with asphalt , but not with make the right choice in buying , looking to pave driveways and parking lots what brands and what size should i be looking at Thanks KMSEXC
company i worked at had a leeboy 8500 low deck . nice machine not to big for the common driveway but big enough for parking lots and neighborhood roads, i think it opens up to 13ft. right after i quit they got a new 8515, we were doing alot of parking lots and roads last year. most companys in my area have leeboys, i see your in ct, the dealer is in hooksett nh so parts aren't that bad to get. i don't know what else your lookin for for information:beatsme
The paving company I worked for had 2 Blaw Knox pavers, one small one for driveways and a large one for roads and parking lots. They put down a lot of tonnage with no breakdowns that I can remember.
Depending on parking-lot size, you might be looking for a commercial-class paver (<19,000 lbs). Here's a roundup of what's available in that class [ http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6311686.html?industryid=23401] . Story focuses on higher-end technology available in this category for high-production paving. Most of the manufacturers mentioned here offer economical, smaller machines too. Best, Larry
There are may brands in this class. Bomag, Lee-Boy (as mentioned-probably the biggest seller) Voegel now has a smaller machine but still in the "largest of the small" class. Puckett Brothers, Mauldin, Gehl, and several others have smaller pavers suitable for small paving projects including parking lots (not malls). Different people prefer different brands, many will be on display at the National Pavement Expo the end of this month and they have courses for pavers in their seminar program (first time they have had an "asphalt track" of seminars) In the small to mid-size market it's about what is small enough to maneuver on the smallest jobs you plan to do and large enough for the biggest with the features you want (and a dealer and/or parts/service nearby)
Thanks Larry
Greatly Appreciated Thanks Fellows For replys I alway learn from them
Driveway Paver My family does a lot of commercial and industrial paving and we have placed two Lee Boy 8500's in our fleet for smaller work and love them (easier to manuever and haul than an AP650 or AP 1050. They have a lot to offer and lay a very nice mat. I have heard that their new electric screed is unbelieveable and does an excellent job at keeping the screed an even temp (something that previous electric screeds could not do)....just my two cents but I have to say that if you are looking for a small machine lee boy has done an excellent job at placing their product with a "paving knowledgeable" dealership netowork that is responsive. Furthermore, Lee Boy is manufactured in the SE US and parts availability is great.
Here in the NW LeeBoy is the paver of choise for the smaller companies. I do not know if its because we have great support from the local dealer or that they are just that much better machines. I really do not know much about them, just reporting what I see most around here for smaller paving machines.
Go with a leeboy, you wont be sorry. We run a LB 7000 great for driveways and parking lots we also run a bomag 4410 we've had lots of problems with the auger system on this paver, lays a tight mat but its "jumpy"
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Pave A lot! :drinkup
Check out craigslist,seems like I saw one in WTBY for cheap.Ron G
Craigs List Where is craigs List
Craigslist.org Look in the ct listings for wtby.
what ever you do donot buy a blaw knox pf4410 they will self destruct after 1500 hours. i have ran tomany of them. they dont have a manuel clutch (for cold weather) and the driveline (ptoshaft) going to the final drive box for the pumps ,the ujoints willdetonate
Depending on the volume you wish to put down should determine the size.....just watch going to bulky or big because it could create a lot of unfavorable situations with certain bases. In my 16 years of paving they no longer make my machine of choice for a mid-size tire and I find alot of the new tired pavers to be way to bulky for smaller work. Best advice would be to go to so kind of track machine. I ran a 813 Gilcrest (which is now Bomag) and had tons of problems with the screed being to light; crown constantly needed reset and extention troubles. Unless Bomag made great changes to the screed I would be leary of them.
I would say go for a Vogele, several DAF CF 85.430 Rigid tippers and Hamm rollers. Well, that is my dream team anyway...
bomag bomag baught gilcrest they probably have the best screed around right now,then i would have to say leeboy stay away from gehl i tried one it was the closest thing to junk i ever used!
2008 bomag 813 for sale i baught two brand new bomags this year i have a 2008 bomag 813 used only about a week i paid 60k will sell for 42k it's a great machine perfect for parking lots and driveways 8 to 13 ft still a new machine i have a total of three and just don't have the work for three machines it weighs around 14k and lays a real nice matt,i wish i could keep it but there is no point in it sitting not making$ email [email protected]
All-Bomag Bomags John Hood, Bomag product manager for pavers and milling machines (a Missouri homeboy who came to Bomag with the Gilcrest acquisition), says the BF6615 introduced at Conexpo (check out the video walk-around) is the first all-Bomag-designed Bomag paver out of the old Gilcrest works. He told me the latest generation of Bomag pavers represent a complete shift to Bomag designs. Not sure what that means exactly for the screed used on the paver size you are interested in, but the BF6615's screed was not warmed-over Gilcrest. Hope that helps.
same paver diffrent stickers i have both,a few minor changes like a big yellow coveron the motor,bomag baught gilcrest for a reason.the reason the gilcrest sceed wich is probably rhe best around,but leeboy's legend screed in is pretty nice' and as far gehl thats is a warmed over puckett, just my opinion after owning both!i am also originaly from mo,my mother lives in ble springs, i buy my eq from kc.
Good to know another Show-Me-stater on the board, pavving. If I can clarify, my point is that the BF6615 -- Bomag's first >20,000-pound paver -- is an all-Bomag design, and Hood says the new pavers coming in this generation are supposed to follow suit. Gilcrest didn't make a 20,000-pound paver, so the BF6615 is a completely new animal. Smaller Bomag pavers consistent with the Gilcrest line, as you say, continue to display their heritage, but Hood says that will change with the next introductions of machines. Best, Larry
one bug to look out for on bomags larger pavers,not 813,after about 600 ton the machines have a automatic shut down when they start to heat up,[you have to add a backup cooling system i was told] i hav not fixed mine yet becase it only happens when the outside tem reaches about 100f,wich we don't see we are live now very often,my big machine is around 16000 lbs,i can't remember the number on it 4414 or something it has the live floor other than that glitch that happenend once i love the machine, and as far as the 813 it seems to br a great machine it is not a live floor but it lays a bueatiful mat! has anyone tried the terex 1200 asphalt rollers? i just baught one and haven't tried it out yet!the only reason i baught it it was brand new and got it for 13.500$
I'm looking to sell 200o LeeboyL8500T Low deck PAver. 156 Hours. Asking for $23K FOB Massachusetts.
Does anyone own a Bomag BF815 and if so how has it been , any problems? Looking at a Leeboy 8515 vs a Bomag BF815. The Bomag is 50k cheaper. but I know Leeboy has been around a while.
bomag Honestly i have had leeboy machines in the past and they are good machines! But i now have a couple of new bomags and they are very good! If it was me buying a new machine this year i would save the 50k and go with the bomag i baught mine last year and i am very pleased with the bomag! But i dont want to see no one buy and be unhappy on my say so? For what its worth 50k bomag is all its cracked up to be! good luck....let us know what choice you made and how you liked it? Bomag had a few bugs at first and they seem to have worked them out? and they was not nothing big just minor mechanical problems that could happen to any machine like over heating and automation censors.The bomag lays a good mat and is easy to run in my opinion and 50 k is a free roller or something if you look at it that way?
Bomag has kinda been around also but under the name of gilcrest but they have changed the machine for the better since bomag baught them out!
I have a 2000 Leeboy l8500T Low deck with 2300 hrs. Godd working FOB MA
bomag Leeboy may have a little better machine? It depends on who you ask...I dont think its worth the extra 50k when buying a bigger machine? It is hard to knock a leeboy! The big thing is if you have a service department close for wich ever machine is baught.Where i am at a warranty is worthless because its cheaper for me to buy a part than take it to the nearest dealer for either machine!
Check out www.rockanddirt.com Check out rockanddirt.com for used equipment. Lots of good deals, especially the way the economy is. Best of luck!
I am intrigued with this one linked below. But have a few concerns with it, like freeze thaw, wearability etc. http://www.compactasphalt.com/
Hello, I have a Blaw Know 510 and Blaw Knox 5510 paver for sale.
If you're looking into buying a larger 8 footer for a paver to do parking lots,driveways,roads, and highways,the CAT AP-655C or the AP655D would be a good match for those jobs.
Here's a story with a specifications table that puts the AP655D in context with the rest of the asphalt paver market, and details a few of its features. Looks like it won't be long before LeeBoy is building the Blaw Knox-braned pavers in this size class. VT LeeBoy to Make, Support Blaw-Knox Pavers Larry
Caterpillar will be coming out with the 8 foot wide pavers to add to the paver line very soon.The AP500E wheeled paver and the AP555E tracked paver.It will be launched at the World of Asphalt Show 2010 Feb 16-18.here's the link for it YouTube - Cat AP555E Paver
Yeah that's what I heard. I'm going to Cincinnati tomorrow morning and will be with the Cat Paving people on the show floor in the afternoon. Looking forward to having something to post. If you have any questions you'd like to ask specifically about Cat's 8-foot pavers or the 500E size, post em as soon as you can. I'll try to check my email before I go to the airport at about 9 am tomorrow (2/16). L
I went down there today, and I'd say I'm not impressed with the 500 series from cat (don't get me wrong they changed some things like the side mounted fan on the 655c) they are trending toward making taller and taller machines. The size of machine lends itself to local government and commercial jobs (and possibly residential contractors) and you get in some tight spaces (especially in commercial) that the height is not a helpful. I like the cat pavers, we run two 1055's and a 655c but the height on the newer models is getting to be a problem so much so that we specifically went down to look at the new dynapac paver. Dynapac is actually using the lower deck height as a sales point against CAT's machines, too bad the dynapac machine looks like it was put together by two year old children (our foreman spent about an hour showing the guy all the things we would easily break on the machine, one thing I specifically remember was the weak hinge designs on the access panels.) The dynapac design looks good but the implementation was poorly executed. That's our two cents on the newer machines, weather anyone at cat will listen or care I don't know. I've run 6 barber green's and now 5 caterpillars but if they keep going taller I think our next machines will be roadtecs.
Caterpillar definitely makes the best asphalt pavers on the market.I have been quite a big fan of CAT branded asphalt pavers.
Don't get me wrong, so am I and I wouldn't complain if I did all open highway work but I put these machines into some crowded areas and the height issue has come into play a few times, especially with the 655.
Yeah I saw the AP500E today. Asked the product manager if it was sized to accommodate Tier 4 aftertreatment under the hood (because it was so tall). Apparently not, but no explanation for its altitude. Pretty amazing, given it's an 8-foot paver supposedly designed more for commercial paving than the 600 series.
especially since I think the 655's are too tall.
I actually saw the new Dynapac F1000T paver.the shape and design on that paver almost looks like the CAT AP-1055D paver except the Dynapac F1000T has a lower profile height than the CAT AP-1055D.