Gudday all, I am looking for advice on skid steer tree mulching attachment. Due to the hills I will be working on I have eliminated fitting a mulcher onto my digger and looking at the skid steer method. I am going to look at a Mustang 2109 skid steer and have seen good and bad reports on them. I like the bulk of the machine, engine and hydraulic flow, plus at 5 ton the weight of the disk mulcher shouldn't push it around. Will be fitting over tyre tracks. Won't be mowing grass and no rocks. Mostly trees,scrub,blackberry,orchard waste/trees and as I'm a Kiwi will give it a good work out! From what I have seen I have narrowed down to "Diamond forestry head" or the "SS Extreme" by Advanced Forest Equipment. I am after feedback from fallow users anything to look out for, or is there a better option?? I feel the drum style is too slow thus looking at the disk style attachment. All comments welcome.
I run the AFE heads and can tell you these are high quality, high performance heads. The Diamond heads are not in the same league as the AFE products. The AFE heads are. True forestry head vs the diamond which I would consider more of a glorified bushjog and really not engineered for true forestry mulching. The disks are much better than the drums in terms of maintenance ....Drums are expensive toown and operate. I own both types and make a living mulching and choose the AFE heads over the others. If you want to PM me here I can help you further and much more directly....I run the AFE heads on the CAT 299XHP high flow and the CAT 259 high flow ... Farmer.
I've had my eye on them. I'm currently running a Diamond mower but was wondering what the difference is in how far the material gets thrown and how difficult/expensive it becomes to leave a nice finished product behine with a disk mulcher? Mower blades are not expensive, but they are not carbide either, I don't sweat putting them down at ground level much to leave a good finish.
Thanks mate, I will get back to you, as sure I will have a question or two soon. This is a great source of honest feedback Matt
I too am looking to buy either the AFE forestry head or the diamond head. Anyone else have any input on which is preferred and why? Also, I'm gonna be running it on my Kubota SVL95-2s
Coastiebro There is a bloke In the Nth Island, Bay of Plenty area maybe who makes heads similar to AFE
Tones do you know the brand or have a link to the attachment at all ? cheers