Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking to find out what this is

Squabetty ยท 2016-10-29 18:48

We found this is a barn in northern Vermont. Anyone have an idea what it was used for?

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2016-10-29 19:46

    No idea here. Can you put a tape measure across it, or a beer can. And what's the bottom look like? Can you knock the hay out of that plunger and get a better look?

  2. #2Squabetty2016-10-29 20:08

    I would but I'm on the west coast until next June. I'll re post then with more info

  3. #3Tradesman2016-10-29 20:30

    I wonder if it's a knotter off a binder it looks like a rotary knife on the bottom, and I wonder if that's a knotter on the top. I know it doesn't look like one on a baler, and I can't say I've ever realy payed attention to the one on a binder but that's the first thing comes to mind