Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking to get a snow pusher and have somequestion on what type to get.

Canadian_digger ยท 2014-11-01 07:37

I have been playing with the idea of getting a snow pusher to up my snow removal production. Right now I just use snow buckets on my backhoes and have never used a pusher before. We do a lot of residential driveways with some smaller commercial yards. Like gas stations and small stores. I would like to know if I am better off with a steel or rubber cutting edges? Pros and cons? I'm not worried about scraping pavement as long as is does not gouge. Also would you recomend a 10 or 12" wide? It will be going on a 310SJ backhoe worth 4x4 and will be traveling the roads with it on. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1AlldayRJ2014-11-02 20:18

    I like my boss steel edge but don't have any others so i don't have other experience to go off of

  2. #2dayexco2014-11-05 16:47

    steel edge, and if your machine is equipped with a quick coupler...do it.

  3. #3FSERVICE2014-11-05 22:25

    we use the boss V plow with a steel edge.. it has lived/held up very good for 3 years. had to replace the edge last year tho. this plow stays at 1 factory to do snow removal on their 14 acres of asphalt!!! the spreader is a different, story its JUNK!!!

  4. #4Jim D2014-11-20 22:44

    Steel trip edges are the way to go. Lower cost and much more durable. Only consider plastic edges if your customers are willing to pay extra for that. I'd look at a 8' blade with articulated wings. It is narrow enough to be safe and legal roading between proprieties/jobs, and is wide when you need it, and it also scoops. Also, it's narrow enough for single lane driveways and exit lanes from parking lots. Metal Pless makes very good Plowmaxx blades. Hope that helps!

  5. #5Canadian_digger2014-11-22 08:42

    I ended up going with brand new 10' avalanche pusher with steel trip edge and floating end plates. They had the best price and quickest delivery date. I should be getting it next week. Every other one I looked into was at least 6 weeks.

  6. #6cdm1232014-11-29 22:06

    Let us know how you like it.