We currently haul around a 9000lb skid steer and a 9000lb backhoe. No immediate plans for anything larger. We are hauling them now on a 14k gooseneck behind a pickup. We recently bought two dump trucks one is a international 4300 26k single axle and the other is a Kenworth w900 full size ten wheeler. I would like to get a pintle trailer to pull behind either of the dumps so we only need to take one vehicle to jobs. A 14k trailer would haul either one ok but I think what if I got a larger trailer maybe 12-15 ton that could haul both? I also have a friend who is retired but has a full size backhoe and does odd jobs from time and does not have a truck or trailer. He pays someone to haul it everytime he needs it moved and if I had a big enough trailer I could do all his hauling for him and make some side money that way. I have a class A so I can haul whatever I just am not familiar at all with these trailers, what I might have to pay, what to look for, etc.
We use trail king 20 ton behind our dump trucks. We also used a 10 ton trail king. Think we payed about $9000 for the last used to 40 we bought.
If both the truck have air brakes that is the way to go and if you can swing for a 20ton it is well worth the extra cost trust me. Its alway good to have plenty of trailer you almost never need because the one time you do need the capicity its there
I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for. I believe Trailmax is one of the best trailers for the application you are describing. They have a hydraulic tail that has the same axle placement as their tilt beds but is easier to load multiple pieces of equipment without the trailer starting to tilt. I have a 26,000# rated gooseneck with the hydraulic tail and have put a skid steer and mini excavator on at same time with no problems and have also hauled a case 580sk with all the bells and whistles. They are build heavy duty and on the higher side of the price scale but the craftsmanship exceeds most and like I said before, worth every dollar