Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Loose Fan Belt

WITJR_49 ยท 2007-12-30 21:43

I got a Takeuchi TL-26 with a Isuzu engine. This unit only has 4800 hours. I'm told this unit can go as high as 10000 hours. I notice when I start the machine and give it some work. It sounds like the hydraulic valve is hissing, which means to me the fluid is bypassing somewhere in the circuit. The machine will not respond at all. Well I got to looking around and found the fan belt was loose. I only saw the belt connected to the alternater, crankshaft and camshaft. My question is What drives the hydraulic pumps to the machine. Can anyone help me? I'm sure someone has asked this question before.

Replies6
  1. #1TALLRICK2007-12-31 10:29

    I know nothing about that type of machine, but have had similar experiences with other skid steers. Most have a drive coupling with a gearbox that the hydraulic pump bolts to. Some are also belt-driven. You just have to open up the machine, tilt the cab (if possible) and follow the lines to the pump. You would be amazed how many things can go wrong with a hydrostatic drive system, but in most cases it comes down to some clog or worn seals.

  2. #2WITJR_492007-12-31 17:25

    Thanks Rick I know where to start looking now

  3. #3skata2007-12-31 21:46

    you probably saw the accesory belt which connects the crank, alternator, and water pump/fan. the hyrdaulics are on the other end of the crankshaft. the engine is usually connected to the hydraulic pumps via a gearbox.

  4. #4WITJR_492008-01-01 01:26

    Thanks Skata, That a big help. !!!!!!!!!Happy New Year to Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! witjr

  5. #5WITJR_492008-01-20 22:24

    Does anyone know what kind of oil is used in this takeuchi and what kind of fluid and what weights and how much is the capacity

  6. #6bobin352008-02-09 20:07

    I have about 5 years exp. on these machine we always ran a good grade tractor hyd fluid in these systems,the hyd pump is mounted on the end of the hystat pumps towards the front of the machine