I have a lorain crane with a wakasha 6 cylinder it looks to 15 tons very good condition motor does turn over but does not run as of yet. Gentlemen who owned it previously dragged his pond and has been sitting there ever since. I would like to get some additional info on this from anyone. I would like to post some pictures but, I don't have the time nor the patience to spend 4 more hours trying to do it. I am sure it is operator error. anyone wishing to see pics please send me a message and I would be happy to email them to you.
[email protected]
anyone???
I have asked the old hands at work and they came up with nothing but a couple of hydraulic machines they have run .
I would start with the simple things, is there power at the distributor or magneto. Check the plugs, wires and cap... and the points and condenser in the distributor, if equipped with a distributor Also check the coil to see if it has spark before it enters the distributor. MAKE SURE that the dist. or mag is actually turning when the engine is cranking Critters love to chew wiring... Is it getting fuel... Make sure the fuel is fresh... old gas isn't good. Like Tiny's guys never ran anything but a hydro Lorain
clean brakes an clutches before use or it will show you how to cuss an use words to anger the crane gods
Thank you for your input I will do what I can and, we have replaced the starter , the coil, the battery and now on to the fuel, thanks for all the help!
Have you determined what model it is, truck mount or crawler. Pictures would help.
i would like to post pics but this is absolutely the worst to do. I have tried all I can do but this site is not letting me.
I have a Lorain crane on rubber not tracks but many things are similar. It also has a Waukesha, send me the pics either email or through Sendspace.
...
The machine in the pics looks like a Lorain TL-25. You could search for manuals on Ebay. Also I would check out HCEA.net the HCEA is a club of people who love old machines. Hope this helps.
That looks like a L26 I had one a few years back .
really nice crane pics looks like lorain crane nice pics....