Someting happened yesterday where I am working which I have never seen nor heard before. Someone (wasnt me) ran the tyre off the rim on a skid steer while working on flat ground. Am not sure how it happened or many of the details but yes sure enough it happend and put a dent in the rim as well. Anybody seen/heard anything like this before?
Tubeless Radial tyres at low pressure will do this....its not hard...DAMHIK! Also, if you work hard in sand and the sand gets into the bead it will slowly deflate the tyre and you can pop one off. The bead wears and the leak gets worse. I only run Dunlop cross plys now with heaps of that black gooley gum on the bead and its not a problem running 16psi in very soft sand. I wont run radials on a skid steer since a guy I knew got killed in his skid through a radial tyre failure.
Hey there Squizzy, Hows things going in your part of the world? I have parked my stuff up for now, am going to sell the truck soon as I started work for someone, seems a fairly good company and all the plant is near new so will see if this works out. So far so good.
xr, sorry to hear you've had to park up. i trust it works out for you, the 3 months of wet weater we've had over here has slowed things down but its picking up again. squizzy, how did a radial tyre contribute to his death?