Ok fellers, need suggestions.I have a track hoe(690e lc) bucket with hensley teeth,pointed 'tiger teeth' style, with the retainers that go in thru the top. Fit seems to be pretty good on the shanks, some slop but,not excessive. When I use the machine to dig dirt or, load the crusher, the teeth stay on. As soon as I start to dig a wash-out pit (concrete), the teeth whitch, are packed tight on the shanks with dirt, etc. start to loosen up and the keepers start to break. Now I know digging through a concrete washout pit is extremely hard teeth. I and my operators NEVER 'beat' on the concrete with the hoe (I threw the last guy that did that into the crusher,just kidding). Anyway, like I said, I know it's hard on them, but is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? I thought about the cat style teeth/shanks, with the keepers that go in from the side? Any help would be a great help!
cat style might help. also cat makes differant teeth that are made of better steel to handle the abbrasiveness of concrete
THANK YOU! Thats kinda' what I was thinking. I'll have to call ohio cat in the morning.
Get some of these! I believe they are running an awesome when they come out in July, buy the Tk series teeth and get free shanks + subsidized labour to get them installed on your bucket. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyaZQQ_TX0
Geez, thats pretty cool! I figure the hex head will be screwed up in no time though.
There's a square female end on the other side just in case that ever did happen, plus you need so little force to spin them in and out I'm willing to put money on being able to just grab it with some channel locks and spin it out.
I do like that design! Wonder how it holds up price wise compared to others, Cat style for instance that are very common!