Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lost 2nd speed on Tak TL145. Any ideas why?

Allgood ยท 2010-06-18 02:00

I guess I should be more specific; I lost 2nd gear in only 1 track, the right side track. The little rabbit light still comes on but my starboard track apparently isn't going into 2nd gear when traveling because I start turning right when I press the 2nd speed button. It's not the end of the world, and it's not much faster anyway, but still I'd like to have everything working. Any idea where I'd start to look first off?

Replies5
  1. #1stumpjumper832010-06-18 22:32

    well my tb53 has a sensor that overides the two speed selection, as it when it comes under load, it shifts down automatically. The two speed is electrical at the control handle, is it electrical at the travel motors? Might be able to switch lines and or connections and see if the problem stays with the track or changes. My other question is this. Does the machine track straight in low speed? And does it seem under load when travelsing on flat ground?

  2. #2Allgood2010-06-19 17:58

    Yup, it runs pretty darn straight in low range, even when pushing for all it's worth. Push the hi range button in the right handle and it starts turning right when the left track starts turning a bit faster.

  3. #3Allgood2010-07-02 09:59

    Hmm, no ideas from anyone. How about this; does anyone have a link to a shop manual for a Tak 145? I can fix it myself, but it sure makes it a lot easier when you know where to start.

  4. #4Allgood2010-08-01 12:08

    Anybody?

  5. #5willie592010-08-01 12:26

    Haven't worked on a TL145 myself Algood, so don't know the goodies they used on the machine. I would take a guess you have variable displacement drive motors that move the swash plate position to obtain high speed drive. Since the left track responds when hi speed is selected, control system is working proper. Your problem is most likely in the right drive motor components, not shifting the position of the swash plate. Not much advice I can give you not knowing the components of your machine. A parts breakdown of your drive motor might give you some clues as to what would cause the problem.