Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lots of equipment pictures

doncampbell ยท 2009-02-10 11:52

Hi you guys, I see it has been over 4 years since I posted here !! Wow !! I am 4 years older, but I still love big and small machinery and still love building models. In the last four years I stopped building farm toy models and have just built heavy equipment models. My goal is to build a 1/2 scale driveable equipment like a old Cat scraper or a old loader without a cab like a Cat 988 . Not sure if this post will work.

Replies6
  1. #1redline2009-02-10 13:36

    well Don, 4 yrs hey? deserves a welcome back i reckon

  2. #2doncampbell2009-02-10 18:48

    Thanks, This website sure has everything !!, wow ! Not even sure where I fit in here . I just love machinery and enjoy taking pictures of machinery . I guess I could refresh everyone of my past four years by just having you either visit my website at or go to You-Tube and type in ( doncampbellmodels ) I posted last week three clips on You-Tube of me walking through some heavy equipment salvage yards. Dozens of cool old machinery some of you might enjoy seeing . I also got to play on some old equipment and have videos of that on You-Tube. Some of you might remember me building models , last year I built at 9 foot tall model of the Silver Spade stripping shovel. That is also on You-Tube and my webpage. The last four years I have been only building construction models and it has been GREAT !!

  3. #39420pullpan2009-02-10 22:04

    This is one of only places where any Equipment Junkie fits in.... welcome back, what is on the list of builds for this year?

  4. #4doncampbell2009-02-11 06:35

    Thanks , I thought some of you might enjoy the old equipment pictures at the salvage yards. I just finished a half scale Caterpillar 10 tractor model and 10 foot long Euclid heavy haul rig and a Dart tractor trailer coal hauler rig. Today I am working on a Cat 966C loader and just finished the engine for it. My next project is a heavy load for the Euclid rig. and then after that either a Berliet Truck or a KW 953 oilfield truck . You can see pics of the models if you want at www.doncampbellmodels.com

  5. #5John Hall2009-02-21 18:45

    Don, My first job after college was as an engineer for Dart at thier factory in Kanasas City. I helped with some of the detail design of the hauler you recently modeled - WOW what memories - Thanks for sharing your work - I have several pictures of the 4150 dottom dump during its shake down run on the streets of what now is an industril park just off I-435. Thanks again for shairing your work. John Hall

  6. #6John Hall2009-02-21 18:47

    Don How about a model of the Dart 600C - unique and functional.