Hey guys got a question about a Komatsu d37 dozer I'm running at work. When the dozer is working for a while the exhaust will become noticeably louder as if there was a hole in the muffler and it sounds like a lot more air is comming out of the exhaust. As soon as you step on the decel pedal the noise goes away and the exhaust sounds normal but as soon as you release the pedal to return to full throttle it returns. When the dozer is shut down there is a noise sounding like a hammer that hit a tin can once it shuts off. Just one solid think. There is no loss in power when the sound is present. Can't figure out what it might be. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jim
A loose mount or clamp. The muffler could be rusted or broken inside as well. Need to take some covers off and have a look.
Thanks for the reply! I've looked all over the motor and exhaust and everything is intact as it should be. Is there anything inside the muffler such as a baffle that could be broken or possibly might move once it's hot? It's odd that it only happens after I have been running the machine for a few hours if I'm pushing hard. If I'm just fine grading the noise never happens.
Hey Chfd113....I'm experiencing the same symptoms as you did with your d37. Did you ever find the problem and what was the fix? Thank you