Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Louisville LNT8000 pwoer steering question

Nick009 ยท 2013-08-06 00:41

Louisville LNT8000 power steering question Hi guys, This should be pretty simple, I need to fill my power steering fluid but I'm not sure which fluid to use. I have a 1980 Louisville LNT 8000. From what I can tell if I have an Eaton BB pump, a ZF Pump or a Ross TAS 65 pump I can fill it with Texamatic 1888. But if I have an Eaton Pump (up to 1986) which is likely I suppose it says refer to dealer. Here is a few pictures of the pump/reservoir, can anyone identify the pump for me? and if its the pre 1986 Eaton can you recommend some fluid for me too please.

Replies3
  1. #1Dualie2013-08-06 02:52

    mercon ATF

  2. #2Plant Fitter2013-08-06 05:46

    Any ATF or power steering fluid should work fine. It does for me anyway. There is also a return filter inside, but you have to pull apart the reservoir to get to it, and I have not had any luck in identifying it or getting a new one. So probably not worth worrying about that.

  3. #3Nick0092013-08-06 09:29

    Awesome thanks guys, I read somewhere that dex ii or dex iii will do the trick.