New to site, looking forward to help topics and learning more. I grew up in the excavating field as my grandpa started the company. I have ran equipment for 18 years and love it! My father had retired last year but I pulled him out to run equipment as we were busy..we do general excavating, digging basements,septics,water sewer lateral, brush ditch work and just started crushing limestone in our quarries. (Headache begins) but we are learning.
i got lead poisoning from to much diesel smoke
If you are not safe yes, it was just a saying as I love working in the excavating field.
hay denalidigger I have been running equipment for 30 years now and still love the smell of diesel in the morning.
Amen, it's in our blood!!
welcome! and I get the expression - cool! But like others, when considered literally- I developed a sensitivity. I can't even follow a school bus anymore- I'll have a headache all day if I get a whiff of diesel in the morning. I guess my cup got full back in the days of poorly ventilated shops.
That sucks, it's like ear plugs.. I have always used them as my dad is half deaf from not using them.. it comes with the times, just like trying to find hard workers lol this younger generation is way different, they all want high pay,vacation time,cell phones etc... I started in the ditch learning everything there is about excavating, and now understand it way more and thank my dad for pushing me to work my ass off in the ditch!!
I read a medical bulletin a while back that said that our bodies build up an intolerance to diesel fumes over time. I know a few older people that can no longer stand diesel smoke and now it all makes sense.