Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Low Coolant Level Sensor Add On For 1/4″ Pipe Hole in Radiator?

Birken Vogt ยท 2015-06-11 01:07

I am looking for a solution for generator engine protection that I can add on. This particular radiator has a 1/4" plugged hole that I can use for a level sensor. I have seen some units in service with level sensors installed but the only kits I could see were in Australia. Usually they need some electronics between the sensor and the input where you actually put the warning signal input. Any leads? Thanks Birken

Replies3
  1. #1Cmark2015-06-11 02:12

    Yes. Cat part number 107-0174. If you have access to SIS, there's a special instruction SEHS9614 to retrofit it. If not, say the word and me or someone else can email you a copy.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2015-06-15 11:11

    Yes, if someone wouldn't mind sending me the instructions I would be grateful....I think I remember these on 3208 Cat engines back in the day.

  3. #3Nige2015-06-15 12:25

    PM me your email address. I'll forward you a copy.