Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Low Oil Pressure Message

John Wonnacott ยท 2016-11-18 11:14

I have a Kobelco 135 SRLC excavator which I bought used, recently. When I operate it at low rpm (1000 rpm), the screen comes up "low oil pressure". When I rev the engine to 1200 rpm, the low oil pressure message goes away. Can anyone tell me, what is the problem?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2016-11-18 12:35

    It could be any of a dozen things, and you don't give much information. Let's start with the basics. You bought the machine used. Have you changed the engine oil and filter yet..? If you have not, then I suggest you do that ASAP; if you did then what specific brand/weight of oil did you use..?

  2. #2Kobelco ireland2017-02-05 19:01

    Hi John this is a common problem with the kobelco 135 you need to replace the engine oil pressure switch as it is faulty

  3. #3Aussie Sapphire2020-12-04 23:37

    I have one with the same problem but I cannot find where the Oil pressure switch is mounted on the Isuzu 4BG1 could you please help?

  4. #4Kobelco ireland2020-12-05 18:03

    Hi it is located on the engine block on the side between engine and counterweight just above front engine mounting. It will have a single wire with 8mm nut and as far as I remember it's a 27 mm spanner to remove oil pressure switch. It a pain to change and can only be done when engine is cold