Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Low pressure but lugs engine

ktmmtcrssr ยท 2025-04-24 08:36

First time posting, I have a cat 305 cr dsa serial prefix. The pump went out and was fixed, but had a swing pump pressure issue, thought it was the gear pump wore out and bypassing. Was only getting 1500 psi rather than 3500 psi (roundabout) on test port 3. Had one circuit weak on 3 functions, the swing, the blade, and boom swing. Set the main relief as high as it would go and didn't solve any of the issue, I continued running it doing small things around the house, started it one day and all 3 function were back to normal, pressure exceeded manufacturers specs,reduced pressure with main relief valve but the issue moved from that circuit to a different circuit, now again only getting 1500psi, where as before had the 3500psi on test port 2. 2 of the 3 functions work as the should, but when I track the machine forward or backwards the motor lugs down and track movement is slow, until I crack open another function like the blade or swing, and its almost normal while tracking until i stop with the blade or swing, then the motor starts lugging again. So my question, could it be debris in a return line on the track spool since that's the most noticeable problem when operating (low pressure but labored motor), would it be the convergence valve stuck in an open/closed position. Where do I start looking and is there any way to flush the valve assembly without disassembling it.....again, or losing all of my hydraulic oil. Can i remove lines and clean hoses with compressed air, ultimately whats the best solution to remove what's causing the issue without it moving to another circuit. Back yard mechanic, no building to do anything in. I do have all the testing procedures, hydraulic schematics, etc.

Replies0

No replies yet.