Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lowboy needed from Vernon BC to Chehalis Wa

Hallback ยท 2018-03-01 15:34

I have a Cat 552 buncher that needs moved from British Columbia down here. Any idea on what the cost and how long that would take with customs and everything? Any idea of a good company to call? Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Crummy2018-03-01 16:00

    Triton Transport runs down to Port of Tacoma a lot picking up new equipment headed up north you might try them for a quote. I don't know if they do spot loads or have a customs brokerage though, I just knew someone that drove for them.

  2. #2excavator2018-03-01 22:58

    When's the next Ritchie Bros sale? Is there a way to find out if someone from BC has bought a piece of equipment and is coming down to pick it up?

  3. #3Hallback2018-03-01 23:05

    That is a pretty good idea, the next one I believe is March 16th.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2018-03-02 23:13

    Easiest way to get a machine through customs is to use a Customs Broker to get the paperwork done up front. Then as long as the trucker has the paperwork they typically sail right thru. The last scraper a friend bought in Canada was only a few bucks to get the paperwork done. I'm not sure if there are duties on a buncher but you sure don't want it setting at the border being held up for days waiting for duty to be paid.

  5. #5Hallback2018-03-03 00:00

    I talked with the customs broker the other day and they said that the Customs paperwork is only $700 and there are no duties on the buncher as it was built in North America. Sounds like a pretty simple deal I just need to find a lowbed to bring it down that is not astronomically priced.