Hello, I’m having issues with my ls170. EIC panel doesn’t light up when in seat prior to starting. Engine will start and run only if key is keep in start position, which can’t be healthy. Checked all fuses in cab and engine compartment, they are good. Machine does run when switched to service instead of run. I have power going to the board in 3 places with switch in run position, 1 place when in off position and sitting in the seat. Did my EIC just go bad overnight? In the event it’s the board, any recommendations for best place to get a replacement will be appreciated! Was hoping for a simple fix, but the board/cluster/EIC panel has my attention currently. I believe it’s an 2000 or so , serial number 173644. Thanks in advance
Check your seat switch
Here is a conversion board that turns them into a newer style board. I put one in my LX565 and it works well. At this price you want to make sure that's what is wrong though. The quality of of the harness is very good. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384220564034?epid=1523902569&hash=item5975548a42:g:Tn8AAOSwALVfZUFw
Thanks moonlight,I checked the seat switch, which was ok, then put in a jumper wire just to be sure, still no lights coming on the EIC. I show power going to the EIC, just won’t light up…key on or off. 3x8, thanks for the info, I’ll look into it
The seat belt switch and the seat switch work in tandem so both must be operable. You said you had voltage at the EIC- did you pull the plug and get your voltage readings there? When you switch it to "service" and turn the key to "on" does the EIC light up at all ?
Thanks tractormech, I used a simple tester with just a light. I can check with multimeter the amount, but assumed since I have power going to the EIC, it should light up. Service or run position, the EIC doesn’t light up. I pulled it and have sent it to AG Express in IA. so they can hopefully repair it. I should hear something early this week. Unfortunately this cluster is no longer available through NH. Aftermarket replacement was estimated to cost 1400-1500, and unavailable until early August at best. I did notice that one part on the board has a brownish/red substance around the edges, like it may have leaked it’s contents.. had to use magnifying glass to see it. Other than that, board looked very clean, no mouse houses or anything up there. I’ll try any suggestions that you may have. Thanks again, I’ll post anything that I find out from ag express.
They will fail suddenly sometimes. Let us know what you find out and good luck with it.
Got the cluster back from ag express, they couldn’t find anything wrong with the it…..looks like I’m back to the drawing board so to speak. Seat belt and seat switches are both working when I tested them. Guess I’ll chase those wires up the cab fuse panel and investigate further…puzzled for now
Chased power wires that feed EIC: Seat Switch=ok Seat belt switch=ok 5 amp power from engine fuse panel=not ok!! Tapped into a hot wire for an accessory (that my machine doesn’t have) in cab fuse panel location, added a 5 amp in line fuse to it, board powered up and everything seems to be working just fine! Can not thank you all enough for the knowledge, especially from tractormech!! Not enough guys like him in the world today!