Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ls170 too much pressure in fuel tank???

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2020-03-29 18:23

Hi everyone, so I have a new holland ls170 skid steer. Whenever I fuel it up I notice that there is a big burst of air coming out of the fuel tank when I take the cap off. Now I know that it shouldnt be like that. So my question is does the tank have a vent or does it just vent through the fuel cap? I have the square fuel tank and the machine has about 3600 hours on it. It spits and sputters when i first start the machine for the day like air would have got in the lines. Im thinking that the pressure might have something to do with it? Any suggestions? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2020-03-29 23:02

    It shouldn't be too hard to see if there's a hole in the fuel cap or not. You could try a piece of clear tubing on the fuel return to the tank, if air is getting in, it will show up there.

  2. #2UpNorth Mini Excavating2020-04-02 04:40

    So, I noticed that there was a lot of air in the tank when I removed the fuel cap. Changed the fuel cap and everything is back to normal. Thanks