Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lucas Mining and Construction Grease

Bote · 2021-08-04 09:47

NAPA online has this grease on sale for 7.69/tube. I like this grease but my local NAPA has to special order it and they charged me $10/tube last time. You can order online and pick it up at your local NAPA.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-08-04 12:28

    According to the data sheet it looks very good. Lucas have tested & rated it for wheel bearing use. I wouldn't like to use a moly grease in wheel (or any other high-speed such as fan) bearings.

  2. #2emmett5182021-08-04 14:08

    It’s what I use. I buy a box when NAPA has a sale.

  3. #3emmett5182021-08-04 14:09

    I paid $6 and change a tube.

  4. #4NH575E2021-08-04 15:21

    Depends on the formulation. I used Valvoline Ford/Lincoln/Merc moly grease in wheel bearings for years. It says on the label it is okay for wheel bearings I have NEVER had a wheel bearing fail with it and it is still in all my trailers and my truck. I wouldn't use the 5% moly that I use in my pins for wheel bearings and it says not to on the lable. I use AMALIE Pro Tac Grease w/5% Moly on my pins.

  5. #5JL Sargent2021-08-04 21:17

    If you do like I do and buy equipment with loose pins already, you don't have to worry about the formulation. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Multi-Duty-Complex-Hi-Temp-Grease-14-oz-Tube/16928004