Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 2003 944E42

Dalmatia · 2017-10-29 12:22

Hello, It goes in reverse but not forward,replaced gear shifter lever but it didn't fix the issue.

Replies15
  1. #1Bls repair2017-10-29 13:36

    Is it an electric control or cable

  2. #2icestationzebra2017-10-29 20:15

    try swapping the fwd and rev solenoids on the trans, should tell you if it is an electrical or trans issue. ISZ

  3. #3laycobeau2017-10-30 10:53
  4. #4icestationzebra2017-10-30 21:29

    Your title says E series, but the page you posted is for the C series, which is it?

  5. #5laycobeau2017-10-31 09:21

    That's the only one I had, but I think the solenoid info. is the same.

  6. #6Dalmatia2017-11-01 13:10

    Thanks for info,E series

  7. #7icestationzebra2017-11-06 23:23

    The C series used a WG100 drop transmission, 3 or 4 speed. The E series used a WG92 or WG98 trans, 4 speed. Transmissions share nothing in common. The page to download manuals off of the JLG website appears to be broken, but luckily I had saved a copy. fwd: Y1 rev: Y2 1st: Y3, 4 and 6 2nd: Y3, 5 and 6 3rd: Y3 and 6 4th: Y6

  8. #8JKL Beachfront2018-08-19 12:42

    I just did the testing from what Laycobeau posted and I have no power on M1 and M3. Any ideas?

  9. #9laycobeau2018-08-21 10:25

    Sounds like the controller most of the time under the seat should be a ZF/Bosch EST-18 or 19

  10. #10laycobeau2018-08-21 10:26

    P. S. can test and/or repair the est controller

  11. #11JKL Beachfront2018-08-21 11:47

    I did apply power to the solenoids that had no power and the machine does move in all gears. There is nothing under the seat but there is a circuit board on the side panel which has the fuses and relays on it along with led's. This does have quite a bit of corrosion on it.

  12. #12laycobeau2018-08-21 14:35

    Still think there is an EST controller somewhere. what does your shifter plug into and follow the wires. photo from different angle.

  13. #13JKL Beachfront2018-08-21 17:30

    This is where all my wires go and then out to all solenoids sensors etc.

  14. #14laycobeau2018-08-22 09:16

    Link to manual on your unit looks like you might try swapping relay (K-15) and (K-16 ) and see what happens. https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual...II/Service_31200079_07-01-05_ANSI_English.pdf

  15. #15Tommydd2025-10-09 06:15

    Did you ever find a solution? I’m having the same problem