Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 400 Tire size. Can I do this ?

David Richardson ยท 2017-04-04 20:11

Hi Folks, I need a little edjermacting. I think I will need a tire for this Lull 400, I just brought. It has 4 x 12.00-24 8 ply graders on it. Searching the web, they seem pretty rare. Can I use 13.00-24 instead ? Don't know what the numbers refer too. Thank you kindly Dave.

Replies2
  1. #1old-iron-habit2017-04-04 22:53

    8 ply tires seem light to me for a forklift that lifts 40 ft high. 13.00-24s certainly will fit but insure you get the right load ratings on the tires for the machine. It is possible or maybe even likely that the tires on a machine that old are not of the correct rating or size. It would be within reason that a previous owner put on what was readily available.

  2. #2icestationzebra2017-04-05 21:40

    You want the stiffest sidewall you can get for forklifts. And run the air pressure at least as high as what the load chart says. ISZ