We had an ooops this week. Laid the Lull over on it's side. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Bent the outer boom section is about the only damage. Does anybody know where I might find a boom section?
Louisville may be to far but you might check with medleys truck repair. The fixed a crane boom for us a while back. Unless it's totally mangled I bet you can get it fixed cheaper then anything. I wish I knew of an equipment junkyard. And I'd hate to try to go through JLG.
Lull Boom Sections Call these people.....WEB Eqpt 800-225-3858 Ask for Brian or Al
Must be a bad week for forklifts. One of my customers had a genie square shooter parked on a hill. Park brake failed and it rolled down and rolled over a few times. I haven't looked at it he said motor mounts radiator and hydraulic hoses was all that's wrong. But I'm betting more than that will show up.
I wanted to blame my employee for the mishap, but, I think it was my fault. The tires are foam filled. They needed replacing back last spring. It took a few weeks to get them foam filled, so we just had new rubber put on the rims. AFTER the accident, we read the stickers on the side of the machine. Tire are ballast filled! OOps. Operator swears it tipped when it shouldn't have.
I considered welding it back together. We cut it in half with a torch as it was pretty mangled. I could actually do it myself. Not sure of the repercussions of repairing it.
Even if you find one in a salvage yard chances are that it is there because of a damaged boom and costs to repair was prohibitive.
Hope no one was hurt! I'm hoping to avoid your experience. My machines are also foam filled and sometimes I get this weird feeling that it's not stable enough. Someone suggested I go with solids but they seemed quite pricey. Anyone has other suggestions?
I had ordered two tires foam filled several weeks ago. Great, they just showed up. $2,500. If I only had a lift to put them on. LOL @ the irony.
DO NOT REPAIR YOUR OWN BOOM! Unless you are certified and approved, the liability will kill you.
x2!!!
You can bend the laws of physics a little, but you can't break them.... something else always breaks first
Insurance company totaled the unit. One boom section was 100% ruined. The other had a dent. They insisted on repairing with new parts. Machine was insured for $30K. Parts were 55K. I'd be interested in buying it back but, to date, they haven't made me an offer. Probably best to just let it go.
Do you happen to know the model of that square shooter? We have an SS1048 for parts. Been trying to find a wrecked one for years, i need the drivetrain
It's a ss636