Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 944e42 hydraulic manifold leaks

envirees · 2018-10-05 22:46

I have a Lull or JLG 944E42 that has some leaks in the hydraulic manifold under the boom at the rear of the unit. The manifold has 8 or more hoses that have 90 deg inlets from the boom area. There are straight hoses that go out the back of the forklift to the solenoid valves under the operator's seat. The hoses look like they are pressed into the block. The hoses appear to swivel but there are no places to put a wrench to tighten. I'm I missing something? How do you tighten the hoses to stop the leaks? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Replies7
  1. #103hdrk2018-10-06 00:06

    Pictures would help me ID the type of fitting.

  2. #2envirees2018-10-06 15:26

    I took this pic this morning. The hoses on the top are coming down from the boom. The ones underneath, loop down and move with the upper carriage when it slides. This machine is unique as you can extend the boom, or slide the carriage forward to get under a load. The ones on the other side of the manifold go in the hole of the carriage and go somewhere underneath to probably the main lift cylinder. You can see the 90 deg bends into the manifold from the boom. There is no place to put a wrench on it. I assume there is an O ring but I have no idea how to replace it. Thanks in advance to anyone who has some ideas here.

  3. #3Tractorguy2018-10-08 22:30

    Lull makes a fork tool to slide in there and pop them loose. It’s kind a size 8 and 12. Pretty simple to make with some patience. I think you may can pop them out with a couple screwdrivers once you get the hang of it. I’ll try to post a pic of the tool

  4. #403hdrk2018-10-08 23:36

    I thought I had seen it all. Post another pic if you get em loose. I would like to see what they look like.

  5. #5envirees2018-10-09 09:21

    Thank you so much.

  6. #6icestationzebra2018-10-11 20:40

    The hydraulic engineer spec'd those fittings to reduce the block size and keep everyone from swearing at him when they had to loosen them all.

  7. #7envirees2018-10-11 21:27

    Thank you so much. This is the solution. Didn't know about this product, but I can see where an engineer would like it. Here is the Eaton Manual for the product. http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@hyd/documents/content/pll_2498.pdf