Does anybody know where a replacement joystick can be had for a 644b-42 lull? I believe it's a parker.
Did you try JLG? FYI - Some of the pilot operated joysticks have different metering and spring options, so you might end up with a different feel even if it is the same brand.
Yes I did. My dealer said it's no longer available from JLG.
Whats wrong with it
It will boom up and extend on it's own when you rev it. You can wiggle the joystick and it will stop when it gets just right but next function operation it gives trouble again.
The springs are weak or there isnt enough end play
JLG doesn't offer anything to service the valve anymore. Since Lull went out of production support is going away quickly. I may have found a source for a joystick.
Yeah, you can probably fix the one you have
Has it always been this way or did it just recently start doing this?
It's been acting up for a while. It stays on the beach usually and the rubber boot is gone and the salt air and blowing sand wreak havoc on these things. And it's 23 years old to boot. are you familiar with Lulls?
Beach, salt, yeah, I can see all sorts of problems coming from that environment, like sticking spools of the joystick valve from salty environment. With the machine not running, how does the joystick feel? Does it feel "held in center", or does it have slack side to side or fore and aft before you feel contact with a spool of the joystick valve?
As I remember it does feel centered but I'm not 100% certain at the moment. I'm chasing a pilot pressure problem too. You hear the hydraulics kick in and the joysticks will work. When it "kicks out" they quit. It cycles in and out.I may need to check the accumulator pressure but I've not seen an accumulator cause this issue.
Me either. Lull machines typically make sound changes in engine when charging the accumulator, comes and goes at a pretty regular time rate, that's normal. But Ive never seen a Lull lose hyd functions one way or the other related to the accumulator charging.
Right-I've seen them pulse from internal leakage or bad accumulator but not stop and start altogether. There's a valve on the pump that can go bad that's very expensive. I'm still troubleshooting it. Wish I had a known good valve to stick on it and check it.