Hi All, My lx885 is putting hydraulic fluid in the chain case. I need some guidance because this looks like a mean job. 1. Will I have to pull all the final drive, or can I just replace the motor without removing the rest of the drive? 2. Does anyone have instructions on how to change this out? it looks like you have to dismantle half the machine to get it out? The one that is leaking is on the (if a car) driver side. Any recommendations would be a huge help. Thanks!!
No. The motor can be removed without removing the brake housing. It's a bugger of a job. Yep I highly recommend getting the service manual.
Thank you for the reply, I have the service manual, it seems detailed enough, but it is always wise to consult folks who have already done this kind of project. You never can tell, they might have a tip that saves time or saves aggravation and that makes it well worth asking.
Flip the cab. Then "some disassembly required"