Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LX885 final drive motor

eber ยท 2021-04-26 18:11

Hi All, I have a NH lx885 final drive motor that is leaking where the red arrow is showing in the pic. I am planning to change the o-ring number 29. Are there other reasons why it would leak there? Do I need a whole new hyd motor? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #177Ford2021-04-27 09:40

    It could be internal pressure is too high and that's the weakest point. If you can change that O ring without removing the drive motor I'd try that. If I had to pull the drive I'd replace it as it's a fair amount of work (assuming yours is like an LS 180).

  2. #2eber2021-04-27 17:25

    Thank you, O-rings are in the mail. i really have not been able to generate much information on these drives failing and what fails on them. i look at that mechanical print and go HUH? cant even see how it works from it.