Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lx885 lock out

IGSO-520 ยท 2017-01-15 15:40

I recently purchased a lx885 needs some work the seat is all rusted hasn't ran in 8 years i got it fired up by jumping the starter and the injection pump the guy i got it from said the eic quit working the dash lights up the machine runs great goes forward and backward just can't get the arms to go up and unlock is there anyway to bypass this to get it to work? I have have a bobcat 773 that has a lock out button is there anyway to do it like that?

Replies3
  1. #1Junkyard2017-01-15 18:05

    LX885 has a switch above your right shoulder facing down, white rocker switch. Flip it to service and see if things function. Be careful as everything will work, it'll run you over or smash whatever it comes down on. If that doesn't cure it I'd start looking at wiring and some fuses. There's not a whole lot to the systems on those so it shouldn't be tough to sort out. At least if the service switch makes things operate you can narrow it down to set switch and/or seatbelt switch. Let us know what else you figure out. Junkyard

  2. #2dn296262017-02-01 20:58

    Are the safety switches for the seat/seatbelt working?

  3. #3TheRancher2017-02-03 02:43

    On my lx885 1999 model there is a fuse panel and lockout toggle switch under a sliding door top right side of cab. I loosen the a wing nut and swing the door open. toggle is pointing down.