Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

M11 Cummins

brookwood61 ยท 2005-05-14 18:03

Hi - I am looking to get back into trucking,(slap me silly), and am looking at several used trucks. One has the M11, 370 HP, with 600,000 miles, a 95. It's been well maintaind, and belongs to a farmer. I just want this to run around Ohio in. What would I expect from this engine? Are they durable, or overworked. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1turbo642014-11-05 12:18

    To get it pulling you would have your foot to the floor all the time. That said it will run and run. Don't get unhappy and start adding raw fuel to it. All that happens is it start running hot.it is a small motor with big promises, it can keep them but it will happen slowly. Very slowly.

  2. #2JBGASH2014-11-05 22:47

    I have 2- M11's in lowboy tractor and a heavy duty dump truck, both have ample power and have had very little problems. I would buy another without hesitation...

  3. #3turbo642014-11-13 11:40

    Once again trying to get big power from a small block engine. Get a red top n 14 and you can have as little or as much power as you want.