Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

M11 cummins and n14 wondering on average when work major work needs to be done

rioncrsn ยท 2012-08-29 22:29

Just wondering on average when major work needs to be done on these enginese if anyone has any advise. I know it depends on the service,but just for trial, say it was serviced regular. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1ben46a2012-08-30 08:59

    Its been. Our experience that the n14 was overall cheaper on maintenance. The M11 seems to be a bit of labour intensive kit.

  2. #2Reel hip2012-09-04 13:27

    So far.... I have not had to do anything major to my M11 (knock on wood) Dump truck @ 280,000 miles

  3. #3Dig_Texas2012-09-04 19:17

    The Celect injectors on the N14 can cause problems. Had to replace them on my truck along with the wiring harness. Not sure if they had been replaced before but the truck had over 1MM miles when I had the problem. Other problems I had when I hit the 1MM mile mark was a bad seal on the steering gearbox (chassis problem) and numerous oil leaks, a/c leaking but no internal issues