I've got a 1997 international 8100 dump truck that has a m11 cummins in it. Once it gets warmed up a little bit and you give it throttle it acts as if its loosing fuel pressure and looses rpm but will go down 200 rpm then go back up and keeps doing this unless its at or under 1500 rpm. The truck has died on me and wouldn't start up for several hours. After I let it sit it would start back up and idle fine but same thing. Does anyone know what could be happening? Or does anybody know what i should be looking for?I've replaced at tps.
Check all your ECM powerfeeds. Not sure on the International, But Freightliner used 2 right off the battery terminals that were prone to corrosion. Made the engine do weird stuff when they did.
I will check that. thank you.
Follow those wires carefully. The have a tendency to hide inline fuses where you least expect them too. Kenworth liked to hide them on top of the trans by the shift tower. Freightliner hid them on the back side if the battery box. Just some M-11 examples I've seen.
Okay thanks and this problem has been happening for 2 years now and it's getting worse truck also has 528xxx miles
Does this engine have the electric shut off for the fuel pump? If so follow the morning back to a relay box of this gets hot it will shut the engine down! I've had this go on 2 cummins m11 now! Same symptoms, when cold engine will start ok once warmed up it would shut down and not restart untill It had cooled down! Turned out to be this relay box connected to the fuel pump! They cost about £350 here in the uk for the relay!