Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

M11 front cover stripped bolts

cheesecurd ยท 2015-08-19 01:08

Gents new to this forum and new to M11 cummins. I have a 95 KW T800 with an M11 and Allison with a silage body on it. Great truck other than a bit of blow by and now a front cover/gearcase leak. it has a stripped out bolt int the gear case support that is causing a pretty decent oil leak. a couple quarts in a long day. any easy fix to this or is it a pull the radiator and get dirty kind of job. is this common on these motors? Need to limp it through another couple months and I've got all winter to fix, just thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Replies1
  1. #1repowerguy2015-08-19 17:50

    Are you talking about where the power steering pump mounts on the cover or where it bolts to the block?