Good day everyone, I've trouble engine here C4.4; crank but won't start because of its "injection disable" is in "on" when it crank. But if it won't crank "injection disable" is in "off". No active code nor log code. When "injection disable" is "on", it will appear in active event. I hope, someone here can give points to do so. Thank you very much.
G'day Scion. Is this in a generator by any chance? First thing i would suspect is an E-stop or ground level shutdown switch. How are you seeing the Injection Disable is "On" when cranking? Are you using Cat ET software or is this visible on some sort of controller/display? A good start would be the engine serial number so we can see the schematic on your engine.
I suspect that your device has a switch turned on that puts it in the "crank without injection" state like the attached file below said.
good day sir, this is the engine of wheel type excavator. I done checking in connection of ground level shutdown switch. I seeing the Injection Disabled is "on" in cat ET. The fuel rail pressure is in 6000 psi due to Injection Disabled "on" it won't start. Model: M313D Serial Number: K3D00199 Engine Serial Number: C4E27645
A little talk on injection disable. Cat C4.4 Acert no start I'm posting this here as there is no sno-cat forum. Mods please feel free to move this thread if there is a better spot for it. I am working on a 2012 Prinoth snow-cat. It has a Cat 4.4 Acert in it that was built with no exhaust after-treatment. The unit has 460 hours on it. Its been properly... HeavyEquipmentForums
Had a few perkapillers with no start issues. Have seen crank and cam position sensor failure, ecm earth issues from the braided earth strap and excessive injector leak off from u/s injectors. Also ecm driver failures and electric lift pump failures and chafed/shorted wiring looms. I still think Perkins sold cat a dud.
Probably should've read the "M313D" bit in the subject. These machines are a headache.
Hi there Chrisso, Yes, this machine is a headache. This is my first time encounter problem like this. Mostly I've encounter when the key is on, the "injection disable also on" but this time the key is on the injection disable is off but in cranking the engine, the injection disable now is on.
Hey Scion, I’m having a similar problem what did you find with your machine?