Sucked dust thru missing manifold plug and wiped out my engine, looking for used replacement,it is a buda d262 allis as best as I can tell
You could just build this engine yourself. We need another 60 page overhaul on this forum.
Pulled engine and tore it down yesterday,looks like a new set of rings will fix it.
Check your liner bores. If you have waves or ridges you will need to replace them. Ring seating on bad liners only goes so far and will open your ring gaps past specs.
Thanks, after checking I do need to replace pistons and liners, I am having a hard time figuring what engine I have, I thought it was a Buda but mechanic thinks different, the only numbers I can find on the engine is 45 which is cast in block, then 11570. The intake valves are recessed into the head and the pistons have 4 sets of rings, any help would be appreciated.
Mine is an Allis Chalmers D262 engine. Go buy one out of an Allis Chalmers D17 farm tractor. More help here: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/construction-and-other-equipment_forum3.html