Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine Control for JD 700H

Bedrock ยท 2013-11-09 14:21

Is it possible to find good used gps systems that would work on a John Deere 700H? I would like to see a parts break down. Trimble or Topcon either 1 would work for us. Have a small preference for Topcon the dealer support might be just a bit better Here.

Replies8
  1. #1powerjoke2013-11-09 19:38

    If you find 2 sets for a 700h let me know lol

  2. #2Bedrock2013-11-10 15:36

    Powerjoke We need part #s so we could start looking.

  3. #3ditch digger2014-01-21 22:04

    Looking at a Topcon with Tesla tablet. Hope weather comes around to try it out. Anyone using gps on a excavator?

  4. #4powerjoke2014-01-21 23:26

    im sorry for the late reply bedrock I just now realized you posted here.... I bought a GPS ready D6N and decided against automating the 700H, my serial on the 6N is AKM if you have anything that would help me out I would appreciate it pj

  5. #5Construct'O2014-01-21 23:44

    If you want to visit email me!

  6. #6Bedrock2014-10-26 14:58

    purchased Topcon We bought Topcon base rover. Machine control for both 700 Deere Dozer and Hitachi 270. So far just love it. saved $12,000.00 in staking 1st job. lots more convenient knowing you're on grade at all times.

  7. #7Construct'O2014-10-26 16:02

    Where you located,eastern Iowa?Would like to visit.Training here has been slow to say the least.

  8. #8Shimmy12014-10-26 16:41

    What, if anything, is available for surveying that doesn't involve half my gross income? I do a lot of drainage work and am inquiring what is available for walking or driving a ditch to find elevations of culverts, highs, lows, and such. Currently, I use a laser, but range is troublesome, and accuracy becomes an issue when you move the laser more than a few times. I do put in bench stakes to shoot off of when I move. I'm mainly looking to be able to get a survey done faster and more accurate.