Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine hours

Dozier Digging ยท 2016-01-19 21:02

I'm in the market for cat 312 or 315 I'm looking at some that has 7000 to 9000 hrs they are in good shape been tightened up etc. a machine with this many hrs how long or hrs should one aspect before mayor issues or machine gets weak

Replies3
  1. #1mxsledder2016-01-19 21:13

    If the machine has been well taken care of 7000 isn't too bad. 9000 is getting to the point where it may not get you a ton more hours before you start replacing major components.

  2. #2John C.2016-01-20 00:46

    All depends on the maintenance. I've seen plenty of that size well over 10,000 hours and going strong. I've seen just as many that are mostly junk at 7,000.

  3. #3Jam2016-01-30 10:02

    This little 312bl does 1k hrs a year and I expect it to do another few years. As has been said above its all down to maintenance. If a machine is well looked after clock hours only tell half the story.