Hello to all BIG D here coming from mostly a service backround I am curious as to how machine population numbers are arrived at. for instance the komatsu D575 super dozer how mainy where manufactured to Date I heard around 90 but there seems like individuals here that have all the total numbers of machine built and are very accurate Im just curious are these publized for the generl public I understand machine S/N generally start at a odd number such as S/n 301 etc. I guessing that trade in value of machines would require this type of information thanks THE BIG D
I heard that some companies don't like the competition to know how many machines theyy made so they start with numbers like 301 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, ... at the end of a model designation.
Population Numbers Population numbers are arrived at by mining company buys for the mining industry. Parker Bay I believe has the figures but this is a buy site & expensive. What would be equally interesting is the availability figures for : Mining excavators by size or model ,Dozer figures by model & brand & Truck figures by Model & brand I have no idea if anyone collects this data . Leaders for mining shovels - KOMATSU /DEMAG by all classes, Followed by Hitachi & then O&K & Liebherr - this is the ULTRA class - CAT do not rate here as the 5000 series was a very poor machine model
My serial number book shows the Komatsu 575A with ID numbers 10001 to 10104 plus J10012. The D575A-3 shows two numbers. This book generally only covers machines made for the United States. I have seen many gray market machines that are not covered in this book. It would be tough to do all the machines but it could probably be done.