I find my machine is rocking a bit too much even when on relatively level ground. I was wondering if the weight of the bucket had much to do with that. Its a Case CX210, for pics. Thats one of the buckets a muck bucket and the other is a doosan 48" GP. Should the weight of these affect it that much or is it something else? I'm new to operating so every bit of advice is welcome.
If you are certain that your tracks are sitting flat on the ground and not on a small mound in their center , i would be putting some down pressure on the ground with the boom and checking the slew bearing for play .
If thats the case then just how much of a problem is that?
We run reduced tail swing 20 ton hoes with couplers, thumbs, and buckets with only slightly less capacity without issues, it's all about being smooth. My guess is that if you're new to operating you haven't quite learned the balance point of the machine quite yet. Keep at it, eventually you'll know how fast you can run the hoe without rockin and rollin all over the place, that hoe will handle that bucket.
We use a 21T Sumitomo SH210 excavator which is basically identical to this machine you are using. I find it is very unbalanced aswell. any largish amount of material in the bucket can cause it to lift the ass end a tad when lifting up. Not alot, just enough to unsettle the machine. It also has a fair bit of play in the slew aswell. Once it stops slewing and it comes to a stop it will move side by side like there is alot of backlash in the slew ring. do you have this problem aswell.....anyway that's not the issue. I came to the conclusion that the ass end isn't heavy enough for the machine or the boom is a bit too big for the machine weight. I'm going to look into a counter weight kit to keep the ass end on the ground. Maybe look into this.
That sounds like the same prob i'm having as well as not being too versed but i actually thought about looking into a counter weight kit. You can let me know if you found anything. I think the weight is about 9k originally so i'm guessing wer'e more looking for the weight equiv to a CAT 322? I don't know but i'll check it out. Anyway thanks again for the input.
it seem a common problem for many brand...
It could be argued that most excavators are designed to be used with the standard GP bucket. Putting a mud bucket with twice the load capacity onto a machine, will cause some instability when the boom is at full reach. If an ex rocks with a standard sized bucket then I would say there are some design faults present.
is the machine rocking when you are loading or when you are digging?......easy answer is level the thing up.....